Sunday, January 10, 2010

Frozen Drains

Today the upstairs water lines finally defrosted. I've had the taps open so that once the flow started, it wouldn't freeze back up if I weren't around to notice. I had to go to work today so I was gone most of the day. It was a good plan, but one with other scenarios not completely thought out. The drain lines did not defrost. So I came home to water dripping down the front wall of the kitchen. Ran upstairs to find the entire bedroom and bathroom flooded.

2 comments:

NitWit1 said...

Oh my we had frozen pipes but fortunately the only busted one is a secondary line to the front and back faucets. Since it has a shut-off valve, we used it. Repair can wait until spring.

We had frozen spots in three places, all outside the house.

Hope your water damage is minimal.

flowerweaver said...

Oh no!

Our pipes were frozen for three days. But after spending an entire summer without running water, what's a few more days?