"Word of the Year
Editors of the New Oxford American Dictionary announced their "word of the year" and this year ... "locavore" is it! Congratulations are in order to Chelsea Green author Jessica Prentice (Full Moon Feast) who is one of four women to coin the phrase (actually they use the word locavore without the second "l" as in location as has been adapted elsewhere in the country and used as localvore) and spark a food movement that continues to grow in popularity as people become more aware of the benefits of supporting their local food systems and reducing the amount of food they eat that is trucked in from hundreds and hundreds of miles away."
Link to Oxford site: http://blog.oup.com/2007/11/locavore/
From Chelsea Green’s e-newsletter 12/07
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (74)
- ► 2008 (46)
- The experiment is done. Okay, the pie came out goo...
- I'm trying something new right now. I'm making a p...
- It's a yucky drizzly rainy day. But I did get out ...
- "Word of the Year Editors of the New Oxford Americ...
- Shrimp Etouffee. Another great way to use green o...
- Today's project was to move the old iguana cage ...
- ▼ December (6)