Sunday, December 23, 2007
The experiment is done. Okay, the pie came out good. It tastes just like pumpkin pie - except it's made with cushaw instead of pumpkin. The crust was even good, which surprised me. However, there was a complete and miserable failure with the meringue. Apparently, you can't make one with a blender. Or else I did something else wrong. I am not sure, but when I get a mixer I'll try that part again. Maybe I'll try the whole thing over again, but it better not ever take so long to make a pie again!
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (74)
- ► 2008 (46)
- The experiment is done. Okay, the pie came out goo...
- I'm trying something new right now. I'm making a p...
- It's a yucky drizzly rainy day. But I did get out ...
- "Word of the Year Editors of the New Oxford Americ...
- Shrimp Etouffee. Another great way to use green o...
- Today's project was to move the old iguana cage ...
- ▼ December (6)