Saturday, February 05, 2011

Snow 2011

Sunrise. When the sun comes up, the first place to see light is on the western ridgetop. So this sunrise picture is taken facing the west, not the east.










.
It was snowing so hard in places on my way home from work yesterday that visibility was reduced to only what was directly in front of my windshield. A true Ozark blizzard.
.
And then the roads were so snow covered there was no way to tell where each lane began or ended, or where the road began or ended. Abandoned or wrecked cars on the sides lent a clue ever few miles, though, as to where not to drive.
.
By the time I reached my jeep at the square where I leave it, already about 5" had accumulated on the hood of it. Dusted it off, warmed it up, and managed to make it home over more roads that looked like a foot had fallen since the last time I'd driven them.
.
Woke up this morning to even more snow. I can't remember ever having so much, and it's nice snow, not too cold and great for sledding. So far, I like it. But I haven't tried to go anywhere, and this morning I need to get over to Gab's house somehow. I might need a snowmobile.
.
In a little while, I'll get outside and take more pictures.

No comments: