Monday, February 28, 2011

Another earthquake

M4.7, Epicenter near Greenbriar, which is south of Harrison.

This was felt pretty far around. Loretta said it woke her up and she wondered what kind of thunder would shake the house for that long. Gab also said she felt it. There was also the thunderstorm going on, and I was sleeping pretty good at 11 pm. They're both new mothers, so maybe that's why they woke so easily to it.

Here's a link to the USGS report on it: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/nm022811a.php

To get an idea of how far it was felt, here's another link that shows the areas reporting that they felt it.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/nm/022811a/us/index.html

1 comment:

NitWit1 said...

It was felt in my hometown and nearby Mountain Home.

My dog had been "squirrelly" all day and I thought it might be the impending stormy weather. Maybe it was both and I slept through the earthquate and the hailstorm, but my husband did not.

A rocker in the bedroom with loose clothing was dumped on the floor he said.