Tuesday, September 04, 2007

9-4-07

I had a great Labor Day weekend, but it wasn't labor free, lol. Saturday we poured the concrete footing on the chicken house and barbequed, and harvested big bamboo from a nice lady who lives down the street from our county road. Sunday after church I made my husband come help me harvest river cane to fill in the fence I started Saturday afternoon with the big bamboo. I love bamboo and wish I had plenty of my own growing here so I didn't have to gather it from other people's houses, but both persons who gave me the canes over the weekend said that I could get some started from theirs. The river cane grows like wildfire, so I'll have some of that quick, but the big bamboo takes a while to get going. In 10-20 years, I'll have plenty, lol. I hope I'm still able to be active in my 60's!!

No comments:

Blog Archive