Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hillbilly Driving Directions

These could also be redneck directions...or it could be that my daughter just isn't that good at directions:

  • Take road across from cemetery
  • Will get to a 'y' in the road
  • Go up the 'y' on Sweden Creek
  • Will pass 2 1/2 bridges (1/2 bridge??? son scratches head at this one, wonders what the 1/2 bridge will look like...)
  • House will have electric box and a pole thing
  • House is on left, driveway goes slightly upwards

There, that's all crystal clear isn't it? Directions from my daughter to my son on how to find her at her boyfriend's house...

6 comments:

Ozarkhomesteader said...

I love it! They sound similar to how we give directions to our house, and they make sense as you drive along--except maybe for the 1/2 bridge. Is she talking a low-water bridge? We've got lots of those around here. Please come back and tell us!

Roxann said...

Haha. The half-bridge turned out to be a double culvert covered with gravel...not sure about her logic but there you go. I think it didn't qualify as a bridge, but needed a mention of some sort. LOL. We've got lots of low-water bridges around here, too.

Ozarkhomesteader said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roxann said...

Ozarkhomesteader said...
Roxann, I'm the blogger you found via the NYT and your friend's referral today. http://ozarkhomesteader.wordpress.com/
I'm chuckling that I had already found you here before I identified you with Madison Woods today. Small world.

Hmmmm. A double culvert is sort of half a bridge. I like her logic.

Roxann said...

Ooops! Accidentally deleted and now tried to repost your comment, but it posted under my name...Sorry, but glad you found me again :)

Ozarkhomesteader said...

No problem--I'm glad I realized the connection. :-)