Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sick Day

Today all three kids are home with fever and various symptoms. Hope it's not the flu and they just have a bad cold... The tincture I made over summer has elderberries, lemon balm, anise hyssop, prunella, rose hips, and spicebush in it. It is particularly bad-tasting because I used more elderberry than I usually do. So, most of the moaning and groaning that's been going on around here this morning has had more to do with being forced to take nasty medicine than from feeling poor. I suppose I should go take some of my own nasty medicine to hopefully stave off my own episode of this sickness.

3 comments:

Linda Foley said...

Hope everyone get better real quick!!!

Roxann said...

Thanks, Linda. They're already feeling better. Just the threat of having to take that medicine for more than a day is doing wonders ;)

I checked out your website, it's very nice and I'm jealous! Our farm/homestead has so far to go yet.

Joyce Paski said...

I call it the annual "Back-To-School" bug. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!