Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cabinet is done.

Well, I can't get the picture to move to the bottom. But here's the cabinets as finished as they will get for now. I still need to cut a piece of tile to fit the corner by the stove.
Before: After:


Now I just need to hang the curtains (on the windows and lower half of the cabinets). And I need to figure out how to put a countertop right up to the stove with it in the corner like that. My attempt didn't work too well. But it will suffice for now. In the meantime, I need to cut a tile to fit that corner by the stove on the counter that is there. None of the tiles are cemented down, I just put them up there to see how they'll look and to make a temporary workspace until I can get it done more permanently. Now to see how many pots/pans and canned goods can fit. Onions and potatoes will go in one of the baskets, forks/knives in another, and whatever other things will fit go in the last two. Maybe spice jars, seasonings and such.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out what you are making ( in the third photo ).

It looks like you have sifted about a cup of flour, to go along with a box of macaroni , and a can of cake frosting.

Hmmm. Is that some Ozark speciality of which Betty Crocker and Juila Childs kept hidden from us?
..... bob