Monday, December 20, 2010

Full Lunar Eclipse

Totality begins tonight, after midnight (really Tuesday morning) at 1:41 CT. If you want to see the whole sequence you’ll have to get outside earlier, around 00:30.

This is the first time we’ve had a full lunar eclipse at winter solstice in over 300 years, and it won’t happen again for more than 90 years. The moon promises to be a reddish hue, making it all the more surreal to see.

It’s a true once in a lifetime event for most of us, and I plan to be watching if the sky is clear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time is 00:30

Roxann said...

thirty minutes after midnight tonight.

NitWit1 said...

I was wondering if I missed it. as I take time literally. Guess I missed it as it is Tuesday 7:41 a.m. and the morning paper didn't mention it.

Roxann said...

Yes, you missed it. It was Monday night after midnight, technically Tuesday morning. I'd never heard anything about it on the news, either.