Monday, February 08, 2010

February Snow

These are some pictures I took along our driveway and county road, on my way to and from work today. It's been snowing all day, but not much is sticking to the roads, yet, which is a good thing. In the morning, all the mud will be ice and that's actually easier to get through sometimes than simply mud. We'll see tomorrow morning.

(Uncle Larry, if you're reading this, copy the pictures onto your computer (laptop?) or a CD if you can, and show them to MawMaw and PawPaw)

Driveway, just past the gate, going in:

The old schoolhouse where my neighbor's parents went to school:

Felkins Creek:


The bluff line by the big valley (Walton's property) on the way in:



My jeep after digging it out from under the snow:



The driveway where the creek crosses:

And by the way, if you haven't already heard, Zack is going to be a daddy. He and Loretta are expecting their baby in October 2010. I need to get a picture of Loretta, too. For now, here's one of Zack and his first 'baby', Chester.









4 comments:

NitWit1 said...

Ditto the snow only I did not venture out today.Your area of the Ozarks looks similar to mine.

I believe you have a little more snow than we do but after a few inches I'm numb to quantity!

flowerweaver said...

Beautiful snow pics! But I'm sure you are tired of dealing with driving in it. Congrats to Zach and Loretta!

Walter Jeffries said...

You got more snow than us! By now we should be buried in 4' of snow pack, walking up above the fence posts. We actually can see bare ground in spots where the sun and wind hit right.

Roxann said...

Walter, its been strange weather all over. We've had more snow this winter than ever since I've lived here...which is only 5 years, but still. Hard to imagine you're lacking that much snow, though!