Sunday, December 28, 2008


Woke up this morning to a cold house. No one got up during the night or early morning to add another log to the fire and it burned out. I'm out of fire-starter, but luckily I washed and dried enough clothes yesterday to gather enough lint to get a fire going. Dryer lint and kindling make excellent fire-starter, and it's a free. Well, if you consider it a by-product from the electricity you bought to dry clothes, it's free. Every year I plan to make fire-starter bundles to put aside and every year I forget until the day I'm out of fire and need to start one without commercial assistance.

No comments: