Saturday, June 09, 2007

Today is 6-9-07 (in case Blogger is still not dating my posts right). It was a great first Kingston Farmer's Market today! We had 4 vendors, plus Wendy at the market info table and we all sold most of what we brought. I sold out in 2 hours of my ginseng seedlings, so i think i have hit on a good market item for now. We'll see what happens over the average. None of us but Charlie had produce, as our gardens are still trying to get going. The late freeze in April hurt most of us in that way. But still, for a town population of 400 or so, we did real good for our first market :)

My booth was shameful with last minute thrown together signage, but by next weekend i hope to have some decent signs and information to give out with the plants.

At my "real" job, my new instrument is kicking butt! I cannot use the data from it yet because i'm not qualified by the state of Arkansas on it yet, but I ran all the work that would normally take me a week with my furnace- in ONE HOUR. That just blows my mind, lol.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Congratulations Roxanne on the sale of your plants. I can't wait until I get to have herbs again. I am working on the garden, just takes so much time. The greenhouse is 1/2 done now, should be ready for fall planting.

Anonymous said...

Wtg Roxann, I left a comment on tenzi forum for you. Now this is more detailed, you did real great with a pop. of only 400, wow. I'll be in a town with under 20,000 ppl. oh I hope i'll do good too. Wouldn't be bad to make a couple of hundred in 2 hours, lol. I got to get my herbs potted up today so they won't have a shocked look to them from being potted. Oh and I got to make a sign to,lol My first may have to be a wing it, lol

Don't worry about repling soon, I know its a busy time and its just enough to get a blog down. Have fun keep us informed on whats going on in your neck of the woods when you can , see ya